- On May 10, 2017
Air conditioners come in a vast variety, on the basis of construction, size, performance and other user requirements. So make sure which type of AC is good for you. There are many ways to reach a decision when choosing the right type of AC unit. You may want to think about these factors:
- Installation cost
- Cost of maintenance
- Availability of Aircon repair service for the said model
- Availability/cost of replacement and repair
Price seems less important although it’s one of the basic factors. But, since you’re making an investment on an appliance that should run at least 5 years, you can think about stretching your budget a bit.
Anyhow, above mentioned factors will keep recurring. So, your AC unit should answer all of them, including the basic concerns pertaining with performance, size, durability and functionality features.
If you live in Singapore, you’ll come across the following types of air conditioners most often.
Wall-Mount Air Conditioner
This is the most common type of air conditioner and there are different brands of it. Here are some useful benefits of Wall air conditioner:
- It’s compact enough to fit in small spaces – living rooms, bedrooms, workstations etc.
- It offers a modern feel, delicate and sleek design, and it’s available in different attractive colors.
- It is not as complicated as other types. So, installation is pretty simple.
- Noise level is also lesser than other AC types out there
The only downside is, wall air conditioner is unsuitable for places that demand continuous cooling for 24 hours. That’s due to the smaller coils.
When it comes to workspaces, large rooms and premises, ceiling or floor air conditioners are more common than any other type. You can find them in schools, restaurants, banks and other public spots.
- One of the best advantage is, you can install it on the floor or on the ceiling.
- It offers excellent airflow
- Although, people install this AC type in large places, it works equally well in small spaces, too.
The limitation is, you don’t get different patterns of this type.
Package type AC units seem like closets. You often see them in old government buildings and restaurants.
- It offers easy installation on the floor.
- It offers quick cooling because of the huge fan size.
Package type AC is not suitable for small or compact places because it occupies room space.
As the name reflects, this AC type is installed in the window or a window-like space in the wall.
- Window type air conditioner is an efficient solution for tight spaces as there is no need to install a condensing unit separately. It has a built-in condensing unit.
- Installation is also less difficult as compared to other types, because there is no refrigerant pipes.
- No refrigerant pipes also means this type of AC offers effective cooling.
Window type AC produces high noise. It’s heavier than other AC types, so, sometimes it’s not suited for places that lack enough support to install it.
Built-in AC Unit
Built-in AC unit is common in corporate buildings and shopping malls where the source of cooling is kept hidden. People often install them in their homes because they don’t disturb the interior theme of the house.
These air conditioners are hard to install. You’re going to need professional Aircon services Singapore to install this type.
Movable Air Conditioner
No installation and mobility are the two strong factors supporting this modern-day AC type.
- It’s compact
- Everything is built-in so there is no need to install anything
- You can take it to any room for cooling
The downside is, movable air conditioners are less efficient as compared to other AC types.