- On May 10, 2017
Are you tired of listening to your employees’ complaints of hot office atmosphere?
Then you better need to install air conditioning units.
A research on Singapore-based employees indicates that:
- Ventilation and room temperature have an impact on office workers’ performance
- Those workers who don’t get cool and fresh work environment tend to underperform.
It’s quite logical, too. When you’ve employed people for highly skilled tasks and you want to get the maximum out of them, it’s also your responsibility to provide them with the right kind of atmosphere. Avoiding/removing air conditioning as a reason to cut down your cost is by no means acceptable for any company. You may be able to get some quick wins, but you’re going to lose in the long run.
Alternatively, you may think about improving the efficiency of the cooling units. For this purpose, you can choose from the aircon servicing in Singapore that offer cost-effective rates. At the same time, they should have the skills and expertise to tackle all sorts of air conditioner servicing issues.
So, basically what you need is, keep your employees productive and create an atmosphere that encourages performance. Plus, you need to invest in cost effective cooling units, not to mention the cost of maintenance.
Here are some tips from the pros that’ll help you find the right Aircon systems for your office.
- Thermal Rating – Identify the thermal rating of the unit. The Higher thermal rating means better cooling. It depends upon the room size as well.
- Energy Requirement – Next, identify the energy consumption of the unit. Since, you’re looking to cut-down your costs in the long run, a unit with high energy efficiency is far better than a cheaper option that has lower efficiency.
- Temperature Control – AC units with smart thermostats offer more flexibility when it comes to controlling and maintaining the room temperature. Some units have speed fans that keep the airflow smooth and save your energy as well. You may want to go for a unit with a remote control. That’ll do the job nicely.
- Air Filters – Apart from the above-mentioned features, the best AC unit should also have easy-to-remove air filters. So, you can clean and/or replace them without calling the aircon repair
- Quick Cooling – Modern-day AC units come with quick cooling features. The quicker they reach the optimum temperature, the quicker you can switch them to attached fan and save your expenses.
- Less Noise – AC units that make noise are bad for an office environment. They tend to distract employees continuously. Make sure that the AC units you bought have Aluminum collar damper to keep the noise to a minimum level.
- Variable Speeds – Modern AC units come with cooling mode and they also offer 3 – 6 speed options. The more option you have, the better it is to control the airflow and cut down your utility bills.
Do you agree now?
Yes, these features are available in high-end and expensive AC units, but when you consider feasible installation, efficient performance, less maintenance and long service life, you may want to stretch your budget for long-term investment. Don’t forget to add the revenue you’re going to get with a happier and highly productive workforce, not to mention the impression you can create on your clients.